Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ammolite - the Christmas Stone

Utah Ammolite Stones
When I look at Ammolite stones, I can't help but smile.  The colors are just amazing and breath taking.  Being that I've spent hundreds of hours searching, finding, tumbling, trimming, grinding, and polishing all types of gemstones, I feel safe in calling Ammolite the true "Christmas Stone".  

It isn't that Ammolite has any history that ties it to Christmas....it's just that it has those deep and brilliant Christmas colors!  Deep Jade Green,  Candy Apple Red, Golden Yellow, and Bright Orange.  (Indigo Blue and Royal Purple are seen as well - but these are fairly rare in Utah Ammolite.)  And as has been explained before, when you tip and tilt the Ammolite, it is common for the color to chromatically shift from red to green, from green to yellow, and yellow to orange.  It's almost like watching a fire or candle flame as the various colors ignite and dance across the face of the stone.  The brilliant glow seeming to come from deep within the stone and projecting outward beyond the crystal boundaries.  I can't wear my rings, earrings, or pendants without having several people a day ask me what kind of stone it is and where I bought it.

Of course I love being able to tell the story of finding the raw stones and then creating the finished jewelry piece - but I have repeat customers who tell me how much they enjoy telling people about their pieces of Ammolite as well. 

If you want something unique for Christmas, buy your loved one (or yourself) a rare and beautiful gift - Utah Ammolite!
Follow these links to find your unique piece of USA Ammolite:  Utah Seafire Gems or USAmmolite.com

Our USAmmolite.com site has everything on sale from now until Christmas!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment